This former fish warehouse has been converted into a modern townhouse with a southern city feel. The high ceilinged rooms of the former armazèm give this house an airy, modern but above all, relaxed atmosphere.
These features and the surrounding pedestrian zone make it a perfect place for retreat and contemplation while being located in the heart of Algarve’s biggest fishing port; salty and soulful Olhão.
Sleeps 4 persons
Starts from €1.200/week
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday. Midweeks and week-ends on demand.
Letting the light in
Situated in a working fishing town, it is only logical that the houses, too, are steeped in a fish-filled history. This warehouse conversion contains 2 stories and 2 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
All the light slants in from a row of beautifully preserved arches that give access to the patio, a small green oasis enveloped by whitewashed walls, refreshing plunge pool included.
From the patio, an outdoor staircase leads to the rooftop terrace, where you can gaze over the Ria Formosa and the flat terraced roofs of Olhão, while having dinner at sunset.
Visit the close-by fish market on a Saturday, when the hustle and bustle and delicious smells of this local market are in full bloom.
The spiral staircase winds towards the perfect blue sky, revealing a secluded rooftop terrace.
The Portuguese sun slants in through the preserved curved arches and abundant windows, casting a world of light and shadow across all surfaces.
Portuguese chatter and clatter echo and bounce back from rooftop to rooftop, where on red-tiled terraces daily life unfolds.
Among cubistic architecture and intricate, labyrinthine streets and plazas
Located in coastal town Olhão, known as the capital of the Ria Formosa, Casa Dois is the perfect starting point to explore this mesmerizing natural park and it’s sandy islands while having all the advantages of being located in a charismatic and lively city.
Features, equipment and extra services
- Self-catering holiday home with concierge service
- 2 bedrooms with luxury bedding
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, with washbasins and walk-in showers
- Rooftop terrace equipped with minibar and expansive views of the city and Ria Formosa.
- Private indoor patio with intimate heated plunge pool
- Well-equipped modern kitchen, with an honesty bar filled with the best Portuguese wines
- Laundry with washer/dryer
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday. Midweeks and week-ends on demand.
- Arrival is possible from 4 pm, check out before 11 am.
- Pets are unfortunately not welcome.
- Smoking is only permitted outside.
- Children are certainly very welcome. Baby cots and additional beds available upon request.
25min. drive to Faro Airport
Our flying receptionist will meet you at the airport on arrival with a shuttle service upon request.
- 1min. walk to Pingo Doce supermarket
- 2min. walk to a nearby fish market
- 10min. to nearest beach by ferry or taxi boat
- 20min. drive to Faro
- 25min. drive to Faro Airport
- 30 min. to nearest beach by ferry
The biggest fish market from the Algarve is approximately 200 meter from your doorstep. Make sure to visit this lively market in the morning.
If browsing the fish market made you hungry, but not in the mood for cooking? Take a taxi-boat to Ilha do Farol and have lunch at A Do Joao and make sure to ask for Anchova, a very tasty local fish variety.
For seafood lovers, visit Olhão in August, when the city hosts the Festival do Marisco, the largest seafood celebration in the country.
While you’re staying with us, we’ll make sure there’s plenty to explore. Make sure to ask us for advice and tips.