A modernist take on Portuguese traditions, Casa Um reimagines the style and details of typical architecture from the Algarve. The result is a soft minimalistic space that’s private, contemporary and homely.
The quiet countryside surrounding Casa Um, not to mention the property’s calming interior palette and secluded location, slow the metronome of any city dweller who stays here.
At this modern outpost, set on a former shepherds farm, you’ll find yourself completely encompassed by mature orange trees, beautifully landscaped grounds and panoramic sea views from the stylish and tranquil outdoor pool. The perfect setting to enjoy time away with friends or family.
The sheer size of Casa Um allows families and friends to seamlessly integrate and enjoy a memorable and carefree vacation together.
contemporary and comfortable spaces
This architectural hideaway is set on two different levels, with the communal areas on the upper level and the newly built bedrooms extending out to the lower level. The original farmhouse is transformed into a modern kitchen and living room, completely updated with large windows overlooking the inner patio and garden.
The intimate patio, originally the barn, is set around the old bread oven and the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee in the first rays of sunshine. The former stables located at the far end of the house now houses the dining room, complete with a glass-walled wine cellar and views of the pool and beyond.
Calming interiors to rest and recharge
Stairs from the dining room lead down to the cubistic sleeping quarters (doubles or twins). Each is ensuite (walk-in stone showers, one bath) and has a private patio with hammock, offering guests a feeling of perfect seclusion.
Did you know casa um used to be a farmhouse, built in the 19th century, with more than 300 sheep grazing the green hills around the property.
Outside, next to the inner patio, landscaped garden and different terraces, you’ll find the heated swimming pool on top of the rooms, surrounded by comfortable loungers.
Immerse yourself in space and quiet, do some private sunbathing or take a refreshing dive in the rippling pool, whilst gazing at the tranquil views.
In the summer you’ll find yourself enveloped by undulating farmland and hills, reverberating with chirping cicadas, calming sea views and the air filled with smells of sweet sun-ripened citrus fruit from the surrounding orange trees.
Located in the countryside, between orange trees and undulating hills.
Casa Um is set in the heart of the eastern Algarve in the village of Estiramantens, just outside the historic coastal town of Tavira. While blissfully secluded in a one-hectare private estate, it’s yet perfectly situated to explore the picturesque surroundings, villages and stunning coastline.
Features, equipment and extra services
- Self-catering holiday home with concierge service
- 4 bedrooms with luxury bedding
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, with washbasins and walk-in showers and a private patio with a hammock for an obligatory (or recommended) siesta.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Several terraces and cosy indoor patio
- Well-equipped modern kitchen, with an honesty bar filled with the best Portuguese wines, and outdoor pizza oven
- Laundry with washer/dryer
- Private access and parking
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday. Midweeks and week-ends on demand.
- Arrival is possible from 4 pm, check out before 11 am.
- Pets are unfortunately not welcome.
- Smoking is only permitted outside.
- Children are certainly very welcome. Baby cots and additional beds available upon request.
- We strongly recommend hiring a car to visit beaches and other nearby towns, restaurants and attractions.
We can help you with our carefree renting car partner.
30min. drive to Faro Airport
Our flying receptionist will meet you at the airport on arrival with a shuttle service upon request.
To make the most of your stay, renting a car is recommended.
- 5min. drive to a small supermarket and a grocery shop
- 15min. drive to larger supermarkets in Tavira
- 15min. drive to the beach
- 25min. drive to Olhão
- 30min. drive to Faro Airport
While you’re staying with us, we’ll make sure there’s plenty to explore.
Spend a day on the Algarve’s beautiful beaches, set within the Ria Formosa National park, or wander around Tavira while savouring the fresh catch of the day at one of the waterfront restaurants. Visit the Castro Marim salt pans and take a guided tour, observe wildlife or enjoy a mineral mud or a floating salt bath.